Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Time


I’m at the point now where if one more person tells me how fulfilled my life would be if I just spent five minutes to better myself – I might explode.

A quick search online or flip through a women’s magazine reveals five minute whole body exercise routines or I could focus on lifting my butt, Brazilian style. Carmindy, from What Not To Wear, advocates for the five minute face. In theory, five minutes of meditation will quiet my soul. The smarty-pants in me wonders if it quiets kids too. Without getting up from my office chair I could simply relax, write a poem, become a better learner, or even tone and tighten my nether regions !

With very little effort I really should try harder to save money, eat a better breakfast, log my meals, log my migraines, read to my kids, whiten my teeth, pet a cat (there is always one handy around here!), send a postcard to a friend, and once in a while look out the window…

As if I am somehow not whole because I don’t spend a measly FIVE MINUTES on myself. How do I expect others to love me if I don’t love myself?!?
Okay Stop! I’m going to throw up.

The trouble with these little tidbits is that they appear harmless. How can I argue with taking such a small portion of my day to make a small change? Sure, they all sound like steps on the path of enlightenment. But when you add up all the steps they total over an hour every day and that, I do not have. So for now I’m going to stay flabby, poorly nourished, uninformed and out of touch. I will, however, pet the cats a little more often.

Well, I’ve got about five minutes to get to the polls and vote so I’m outta here!

No comments: