Thursday, June 11, 2009

At a Loss for Words. Or, Here Have Another Bite...

Can one get writer’s block without actually being a writer? Hmm. So all the websites say that to rid myself of writer’s block (If that is indeed my problem), I need to just sit down and write. Explore new ideas. Get over myself. So here I am. Writing. What is on my mind? Chocolate is always a safe bet. And now that I think about it, I’ve sort of been exposed to a lot of it lately. You see, it’s birthday season. So there is, of course, cake.







But also, chocolate in a box
Chocolate gelahhhhhhto...

And then there is the everyday chocolate stuffed into various hiding places,


And since it is my birthday, a whole afternoon tea centered around chocolate.

Yippee!

Through my work as a bureaucrat, I discovered a chocolate store. (How many people can say that about their jobs?)
Double yippee!

But then I didn’t publish my post because I was thinking things like “but there might be more cake tomorrow” which, somehow, there always is. And the block set in again. But at least I always have chocolate to keep me centered.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang. Now I've got to go find me some chocolate.
Hey, I'm doing camp training tonight - I've packed my winacka t-shirt. :)
Cheers!

~Alissa said...

Embarrasingly, all those pictures were of things I consumed in something like a 3 week period. Plus I found two more photos later on my camera that I forgot to include. Um, explains the waistline!!