Monday, December 15, 2008

It’s A Jungle In Here

Last weekend, I hired the Lizard Wizard to come to the little dude's 5th birthday party.



I have to admit, or maybe brag, it was awesome! The kids and adults loved the show. Pythons big (55 lbs) and small (6wks old),

turtles vs tortoises,

big iguana,

frogs jumping everywhere!!

So, this morning LD wakes me up complaining about the frog in his room. I tell him that is great he has such a wonderful imagination. He scowls at me. Then he gets his brother out of his warm comfy bed to see the frog in the living room but when they get there, no frog in sight. Then he screams "look mommy!! on the door behind you!!!" And wouldn't you know, there IS a frog on the door behind me!

I call the Lizard Wizard and her assistant guesses that the Wiz is not driving all the way from the next county over for a frog. Happy Birthday Little Dude!!


So right away we dash out to the pet store (and by “dash” I actually mean slog through the rain and heavy traffic) and buy a small amphibian container plus some moss, water dechlorinator, and a sack of LIVE CRICKETS.

As soon as I moved Kermit into his new and improved home he ate a whole bunch of crickets and curled up under the moss. I’m starting to get attached to the little amphibian.

Sadly, the Lizard Wizard just called and wants her frog back. We can keep him until she is in the neighborhood again. Maybe Santa will bring us a turtle…

3 comments:

suzanne cabrera said...

Haha...that is too cool! What a great mom to call in the "Lizard Wizard!"

Carolyn said...

I can't believe we joked about her leaving an animal behind and it actually happened. My kids loved it and I want a snake now.

~Alissa said...

Well, you already have a cricket farm to support the lizard. I'm sure a goldfish bowl or mouse house to support a snake wouldn't be too much more work!