Thursday, October 23, 2008

Oh, Baby!


Raise your hands: who loves baby showers? I do! I do! I'm a nut when it comes to them. I love the stupid games, and the cute pink/blue/yellow decorations, and all the beautifully wrapped super-soft onesies. But I also love celebrating that new life (or two or three) that is about to join the party and isn't that a great reason to eat finger sandwiches and sip punch? I think so too.




Plus I'm not going to be the one waking up 5 times a night with the little dude, schlepping him around, teaching him to use his words, etc. Another reason for me to love celebrating other people's babies.


So when my childhood friend turned up pregnant recently, I jumped to it. I love throwing a great party - hopefully this one fell into that category!


I would love to say I made the cake but the credit actually goes to the ladies at Cake. Yes, it tasted as good as it looked.

Thank you to everyone who attended and made it a special day for the new mom-to-be!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew! Not you.
In that case, yes, baby showers are wonderful. And that cake - fantastic.

jen said...

That looks like oodles of fun :-)

Yum, cake! You do throw a good party.

~Alissa said...

Jen, I'll invite you to the next one for sure.