Friday, September 4, 2009

No Opportunity Wasted

There really is nothing sadder than an opportunity not taken. As much as I like to think of myself as a “what the heck” kind of gal, I've probably passed up on all kinds of cool experiences for a variety of very lame sounding reasons. As most of us have. Am I right? So anyway, this post title is actually the title of Phil Keoghan’s latest book that inspired me to think of future opportunities that should not be missed. I might even take the steps to make them happen. I would love it if you joined me.

By the way, if the name sounds familiar, Phil is the host of TV’s The Amazing Race. And speaking of which, if anyone has been looking for a race partner, please consider me. I will try very hard not to complain out loud, I can eat almost anything (ha ha), I am not afraid to knock down people in a foot race, and I’m good with maps.

Back to the book. Once the reader is finished with No Opportunity Wasted, they should have a list of things they want to do in life. I know I did. I was ready to pack a bag and walk out the door! Have I mentioned my constant desire to escape? Well, now I've got a list of experiences not to be missed, lumped into the following categories:

Face Your Fears
Get Lost
Test Your Limits
Leaps of Faith
Rediscover Childhood
Shed Your Inhibitions
Break New Ground
Aim for the Heart

In my next few posts I'm going to brainstorm these goals and explore some of my fears and secret desires. Stay tuned…

1 comment:

laeroport said...

I'll be your race partner! I can order beer and inquire as to the location of the nerest toilet in six languages.